Progress isn’t always good…
About 2 months ago I was rear ended at low speed. Luckily insurance took care of it all. Along with body repairs to the rear of the car it also received another bumper which was re-chromed along with my number plate light surround, and some New-Old-Stock tail lights.
Continue reading “Project 510 – Accident & Repairs”
In the last update I gave showed a picture of the Datsun’s next mod:
Well it’s a front lip from a Mk1 VW Golf (or Rabbit), also known as a large duckbill. I’ve seen few pictures here and there of older small cars with front lips on them, and have always loved the look. I got the idea to use a Mk1 Golf lip from the Racer86 blog and his KP30 Starlet, and also from Alex and his 180B (610) which will be featured in the future.
So lets fit this thing…
Continue reading “Project 510 – Front Lip & Lowering”
Finally the Datto gets some serious upgrades. Enough of the polishing, painting and little fiddly bits, its time for the good gear.
Troy Ermish Racing (USA) rear coilovers & Datsport (AUS) adjustable rear crossmember DIY kit.
Continue reading “Project 510 – Coilovers”
Back to the front of the car again. It’s finally time to fix the missing piece of the grille.
Continue reading “Project 510 – Grille, Badge, Wheels”
The front of the car got a slight re-fresh when i painted the grille and headlight surrounds. Now its time to take it a bit further.
Here is our starting point:
Continue reading “Project 510 – Front Valance & Bumpers”
Now that the mirrors had been successfully trial-fitted, it’s time for paint. Luckily the car is painted Ford Sno White which is readily available in pressure-pack/rattle can format.
I gave them a few coats of primer, then hit them with colour.
Continue reading “Project 510 – Mirrors & Muffler”
Firstly here is the car after a nice wash with the grille and headlight surrounds put back in place. Sorry about the average pic, I’ll get better ones soon. The car has also been lowered slightly by compressing the springs, but it didn’t turn out how i had hoped, so I’ll just wait till it has coilovers all round before I tackle the ride height again. Might as well do it properly!
Continue reading “Project 510 – Venetian & Mirrors”
Okay, so the first area to be attacked is the front end.
Firstly, here’s some detailed pictures of the state of the bumpers, not very pretty, especially the rear one.
Continue reading “Project 510 – Grille & Headlight Surrounds”
This is the first installment of our Datsun 1600 Project Car
The car was purchased already modified, but there is plenty of room for improvement, see below for pics & stats…
Continue reading “Project 510 – The Beginning”